7.02.2010

Harry Potter Actress Threatened By Father and Brother


IT'S FRIDAY YALL!!!! AND IT'S FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND!!!! Hit the beach, see some fireworks, head to the movies, whatever! But have an amazing and SAFE weekend!

Got some interesting news that I heard this morning concerning Harry Potter actress Afshan Azad. Afshan plays one of the minor characters in the film, Padma Patil, one of the twins that either Harry or Ron took to that Winter Ball in the fourth film (I'm a fan, what can I say?). Well, her father and brother have been charged with attempting to KILL her in their home, according to the Huffington Post. Read more after the jump!



Her father, Abdul Azad and brother Ashraf appeared in court Tuesday for threatening to kill her. Ashraf is also charged with assault which produced injury to Afshan. The attack reportedly happened on May 21. The case was adjourned until July 12.

Now, what I need to figure out is the WHY part! I'm very curious as to why this father and brother would want to hurt and kill her. That's family. And I know for myself that sometimes blood really ain't no thicker than water, but still. Threatening another person's life is unacceptable, and for it to be your own family too? That's a shame. I hope this case gets resolved and the court rules in her favor.

Not trying to make this serious situation seem like a joke, but I am excited for the Harry Potter films! The last two man....it's like the end of an era. Afshan will appear in both. Too excited! Sad that I've never seen a Harry Potter film at the actual movies, but when you have good connects and sites and can see movies and shows for free, might as well keep money in your pocket. I'm gonna go for the last two though...

PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...