7.30.2010

American Idol Change Up

Hey yall...TGIF RIGHT?!!! I'm soooo glad it's the weekend! Need to relax myself. On to the post...

Ok, so we all know that Ellen DeGeneres is leaving Idol. She told Access Hollywood, "A couple months ago, I let FOX and the American Idol producers know that this didn't feel like the right fit for me. I told them I wouldn't leave them in a bind and that I would hold off on doing anything until they were able to figure out where they wanted to take the panel next." Yeah, it's not the right fit for her. I love Ellen. She is probably one of the best TV show hosts out right now. But I think that there are better people to judge Idol than her.

And now, according to TMZ, Kara DioGuardi is leaving too. Well, she didn't exactly leave. She was fired LOL but gone nonetheless. I stopped watching past the auditions even before she came on the scene, and I didn't even understand why she was put on the show until a couple of minutes ago LOL Apparently she's a popular songwriter and has written for Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and others. Oh well. Still gone.

I really think that American Idol needs to hang up the hat anyway honestly. I mean, the only original judge now is Randy Jackson. Reportedly FOX is bringing on Jennifer Lopez and Aerosmith's Steven Tyler, who are definitely qualified, but I think that the show is past its prime. It's needs to just go out with a bang, and call it a day. And what's it without Simon anyway? He's about half the reason why I, and I'm sure a good part of America, watched the show. But we will see how the ratings go on this upcoming season.

PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...