12.09.2009

Social Networking Obsession????



Ok, not a post completely about celebrities. Concerns them somewhat but they're not the main focus. Social networking is taking over this world yall! I mean, you got Facebook, MySpace (when the last time you actually checked yours? LOL), Twitter, Skype, Blogger, and all these other new sites that allow people to connect with family, friends, co-workers, etc. It's cool. I appreciate being able to talk to family and friends while I'm away from home. However, reading this one article made me wonder if we are becoming a little too obsessed with it all.




It was regarding Miss Paris Hilton. So apparently, her sister Nicky's house got robbed, and what's the first thing that Paris does, ladies and gentlemen? She sends out a Tweet about it. A Tweet?! A Tweet. Read the article on OMG! Yahoo for yourself. "It's unbelievable how my sister called the cops over an hour ago and they still haven't shown up. Her house just got robbed, so messed up," Paris posted on her Twitter page around 3:30 PM PST on Tuesday afternoon (December 8). About an hour later, Paris was back to her old self, forgetting that Nicky had just been robbed. "Just got some funny clips sent to me from when I shot "I Get That A Lot" Me working undercover as a gas station attendant, so funny. haha," she Tweeted around 4:15 PM PST. What the...? Several celebrities have gotten a little too caught up in all this too, wanting the world to know what they're doing at every minute of every hour of every day.


I read this article, and the first thing that came to my mind was that we put way too much about our personal lives on these sites, whether it be through Tweeting, statuses on FB and MySpace, or even on blogs. I mean, my goodness. It was bad enough that the press was going to get a hold of it, but Paris, did you really have to go showcase it on Twitter like it was just this great news or something?! That's what it felt like to me, and since it's my blog, I'm gonna say what I have to say. I understand that we want people to know what's going on with us, but that doesn't mean we have to put out every little thing about our lives. People, we don't need 50 million statuses or Tweets. One or two statuses a day on Facebook will suffice. I give a little bit more leeway with Twitter, but, if you're going to post 50 million statuses, put up something a little bit more meaningful or important. Like if ýou're a celeb, letting folks know that you're going to be at a certain club is cool. Letting them know you're sweating out your hair on the dance floor during the party is not.

We, I say we because I too am a Facebook addict, (the first step is admitting you have a problem LOL), are getting just a tad bit too caught up. Texting, Facebooking, Tweeting, Skyping is starting to take over our lives a little, if you think about it. I'm not saying that social networking isn't great to have, because it's an excellent way of communicating with other people and the people who created these individual sites are getting their money! TRUST. And I give them a hand clap. Let's just not let it become an obsession OK? Just saying.

PEACE.

~Brittany Shawnté

4 comments:

  1. My latest addiction are the Facebook games, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I completely understand! I love Cafe World!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True, Facebook and other site have taken over everybody's life. News travel faster on networking sites than anywhere else lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol exactly...some stuff you don't even have to ask people about since they put it on their Facebooks anyway lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...