12.12.2009

Tiger Woods Takes Indefinite Leave From Golf



By now, unless you are living in no man's land or something, you have probably heard about the Tiger Woods scandal. Two weeks ago, Tiger crashed his SUV into a tree close to his Florida home. He later admitted to cheating on his wife, which I, for one, was shocked by. I mean, it's Tiger Woods! Tiger. Woods. He just doesn't look like the type. But then again, a lot of celebrities don't look like the type to do a lot of the bull they do, but it gets done.



After all of these women coming out and saying that they had affairs with Tiger (what's the number to? like 12 or 13???), Tiger has decided to take a break from the golfing world, according to OMG! Yahoo.

"I am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children," Tiger said. "After much soul searching, I have decided to take an indefinite break from professional golf. I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father, and person."

Good move. I mean, in all honesty, he does need to just get away from it all. He just needs to refocus and get things right with his family. I know that golf is a big part of his life, and the endorsements that come along with it are nice, but without family, it's meaningless. So he needs to try to work on that.

What I can't stand, though, is people continuing to pass judgment. Like celebrities are supposed to be all perfect and everything. I mean, I do feel like they should be held to a higher standard and try to live their lives the best they can, because they have people who look up to them. However, THEY ARE NOT PERFECT! They are bound to mess up every once in a while, and this is the case with Tiger. He messed up, but there's no need to pass judgment. He's working things out with the people that matter the most in this situation-HIS FAMILY. And that's the most important thing. Just my opinion. Weigh in.

PEACE.

~Brittany Shawnté

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion, its a "private" matter. We have no right to pass judgement on anyone else. Everyone has faults and everyone is far from perfect. I really disagree with him leaving the field of golf, since its what he has always done!! He should however take some time off "Out Of The Spotlight"...(hahaha), and refocus on his family! Good luck with whatever you decide Tiger.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...