7.07.2009

Today's Service

Photobucket

Well, today is the day. The day that people have been waiting for and also dreading. That's how I feel too. Today is the memorial service to celebrate the life and achievements of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. It is scheduled to be shown live on major networks like ABC, NBC, VH1, and BET. I'm at work, so I won't be able to watch all of it, but you best believe I have my little sister taping it at home LOL And for sure, I'm gonna be risking my job to watch a little of it here LOL, but hey, IT'S MICHAEL JACKSON! So it's beyond worth it.

I'm definitely anxious for it. I know that it will be a sad service, because yet another of our great legends has passed away. But I also know that it will be a happy service, because Michael would probably want it that way. He's so childlike himself, that he probably wouldn't want a boring sad service like we normally see. Some of the performers scheduled to perform include Usher, Stevie Wonder, Mariah Carey, and Jennifer Hudson. Part of me is hoping that they will have a surprise guest in the person of Chris Brown, but I know that's wishful thinking LOL It should be a great service and I'm excited to see it. I'm also wondering how many people are going to show up to the Staples Center knowing good and well they don't have tickets or wristbands and that the service isn't going to be played on the jumbotrons outside the Center. Me personally, I love Michael but I would not be standing in the hot LA sun with absolutely no chance of seeing the service, when I could watch it comfortably in my own home in a nice air-conditioned environment LOL I'm just saying.

I was speaking to one of my besties again last night, and I told her I would do this. I gotta put people on blast again. Of course, when the news came out that there would be tickets given out for this great occasion, and 1.6 million people applied, there was bound to be some people trying to milk it for all it was worth. Honestly, people are so money-hungry these days, it's ridiculous. Selling extra tickets and wristbands on E-bay for $15,000?!!! Making all these ugly t-shirts with his picture on it just to make a profit? Using his tribute time to promote what you have going on? (Yeah, that was directed at some folks at the BET Awards LOL I watched bits and pieces last night and got mad all over again LOL) Have you no shame? Seriously, how you gonna try to cash in on the man's death? I understand, we're in a recession. Times are hard, you got babies to feed, but good goodness. People didn't let the man rest in peace while he was living. Can't he get some peace now that he's gone? Can his family get some peace now? Lord I tell you....

Anyways, back to the subject at hand...This memorial service is definitely going to be one for the record books. There will be thousands of people actually there, and probably millions watching from home (or, for some of us, work cuz I'm not missing it shoot LOL) This is for the legend, the icon, the humanitarian, MICHAEL JACKSON!!!! Gotta do it up right! Of course, I will give yall my take on it after all is said and done. Be sure to tune in today during your specific time for your area. The memorial is at 10 AM Pacific Time, so add or subtract the hours the way you need to. Like I said last week, you don't wanna be flipping the channels looking for the service when it's 10 AM your time, 7 AM LA time. LOL somebody's bound to do it anyway!

PEACE.

~Britany Shawnté

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...