7.04.2009

Rihanna: Singer, Dancer, Tattoo Artist????

Happy Fourth of July everyone! Enjoy today!!! Go to cookouts, eat lots of food, and watch amazing fireworks!

Photobucket

Here's a story for you. I'm a bit late on reporting it, but Thursday was VERY busy for me and yesterday I just chilled. But now I'm back on track. I promise LOL

So by now, you all should know about Rihanna trying her hand at being a tattoo artist. Apparently, she thought it was cool to plant a couple of tattoos on some tattoo artists at East Side Ink in New York on Wednesday. Who wouldn't want a tattoo by Rihanna, right?

Well, her great idea may not have been so great. The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene have sent someone to investigate the situation. According to city codes, only licensed tattoo artists are allowed to administer tattoos. MTV reported the story. Check the link here for the full story. Now Rihanna could be facing three misdemeanors with fines for each tattoo she gave out.

That code makes a lot of sense. I mean, you definitely don't want somebody who doesn't know what they're doing to give you a tattoo. I know me, I'm already kind of freaked out by needles, so I'm definitely going to need somebody who is licensed and has a clue about what to do doing a tattoo for me, if I was ever to get one. Being a tattoo artist is a big deal. You have to make sure that your hands are steady and everything so that you don't put the customer in extreme pain. You also need to know how to clean the needle thoroughly so to not possibly spread disease through bodily fluids to other customers (Michael Baisden talked about it yall!!! Makes a lot of sense). YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING! I know it was a joke, and they were just having fun, but think of how that makes the shop look. There are probably people out there thinking that this shop lets whoever they want tattoo somebody, with or without a license. They could lose their reputation as a good tattoo shop. I'm just saying.

Well, Rihanna, the fines should be no problem for you. You have money. And maybe just maybe you should get your license for the next time you feel the desire to tattoo somebody. Hopefully, you learned your lesson.

PEACE.

~Brittany Shawnté

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...