10.17.2013

Glee Officially Ending After Season 6

Sad news Gleeks! Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy has confirmed that Glee will be ending after Season 6, which has been rumored for quite some time.

He's been planning how to end the show for a while, and had originally wanted it to end with a focus on Cory Monteith and Lea Michele's characters, Finn Hudson and Rachel Berry. However, after Cory's tragic death in July, he had to re-think things.  "The whole [last] year of the show -- which will be next year -- was really designed around Rachel-Cory/Finn story," Ryan said, according to EW. "I always knew that. I always knew how it would end. I knew what the last shot was -- he was in it. I knew what the last line was; she said it to him. So when a tragedy like that happens you sort of have to pause and figure out what you want to do." However, Ryan thinks that the new ending is "very satisfactory" and still honors Cory.

I'm a little sad, but it was to be expected. All good things must come to end. Plus, I'll be honest and say that the new Glee kids on the block have not had as great of a connection as their predecessors. That might be a little bias talking since I've been watching the show since the very beginning, but it's true. I'm interested to see how the show will end, but I have until 2015 to think about that.

What do you think of Glee coming to an end?

Image via Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...