10.17.2013

"Cold Piece"-Melanie Fiona (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

Today must be the day for my favorite songs to finally get their music videos! Melanie Fiona
dropped her video today for "Cold Piece," a song that she previously released earlier in the summer. It's a fun song, but it speaks a real message about falling for somebody whose heart is cold and unaccessible to love. She has parted ways from Universal Music and is now indie, teaming up with Pepsi and Complex Media for the visual.

“I’m at a place where I can make music very creatively free, and working with Pepsi was just very easy,” she says. “With labels, there’s a whole plan and everybody’s talking about all these different things at once. But with Pepsi and Complex, it was just, ‘here’s some of our ideas, what are yours, and we’ll see you on the day of the shoot.’ It was very relaxed and wasn’t stressful at all. And to know that they wanted to create a visual for it was so cool – I wouldn’t have had my own ice cream truck with my name on it had I done this myself! It’s like, wild.”

Check out the video below!





After looking at the video, this would have been perfect if it was released in the summer. Melanie's cruising with her girls in an ice cream truck and jams with the rest of the neighborhood (shout out to Luke James who made a little cameo as well). The entire video has that NY summer time feel all throughout! I still love it though, and this song is one of the best that I've heard from her! It makes me excited to hear more music from her hopefully soon!

Check out the video below!



Image via

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...