6.10.2016

In The Spotlight: DJ/Producer Damiar "Dmain" Pennant



Another great spotlight to end the week! As always, if you are or represent an upcoming artist, designer, model, etc., within the entertainment industry, and you are interested in being featured on The Spotlight, visit our Features/Submissions page!

Today's feature is coming from my fellow Full Sail University alum, DJ and producer Damiar "Dmain" Pennant! With his recent bachelor's degree in Recording Arts from the school, the young DJ and producer is ready to take his career to the next level!


Born in the Bronx born and raised on the east side of Columbus, Ohio, Dmain learned how to make beats back in 2006 from one of his friends, using FL Studio Demo Edition. "Since then I've continuously made instrumentals to improve my beat making and producing skills," the producer said.

Things really started moving for him while in college at Ohio's Tiffin University in the fall of 2009, where he started spinning music at house parties. Dmain even took over a Toledo DJ's set when everyone in the bar wanted more turn up music! He soon hooked up with his friends and fellow artists Foday & Mark to release a three-track EP called Yours Truly that was geared towards the ladies.

The DJ is inspired by various artists, not putting himself in a box by only listening to specific genres. "I enjoy hearing new great material to jam to or DJ on a set. Music is really my life," he revealed. "I listen to music every time when I'm on the go, which is a lot." When asked about makes him different from other DJs or producers, he stated that it's his natural creative work flow that makes him stand out. "I make instrumentals and raps on the spot. I don't like to think too much when I'm being creative, because my ideas flow a lot better when there isn't any thought to it," Dmain said. "[I] just go and do it and hear the final result. I make changes here and there but I like to keep it natural. I don't think I'm too different though, because we all want to be in the same place and that's the entertainment business."

Check out some of his production work below!


Besides some DJ sets scheduled in the Orlando, FL area, Dmain has new music with an artist by the name of Z-Mac and is preparing for his big move to Atlanta in September so that he can start shopping his instrumentals there. When asked what has been the biggest in accomplishment in his young career so far, he said it would have to graduating college from Full Sail University. As a fellow alum of Full Sail University and a fan of his persistence and grind, I'm looking forward to all the new things in store for Dmain!

Check him out on social media:
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/dmainevent-1 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dmain_event
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/Dmain_Event 
Snapchat: https://www.snapchat.com/add/Dmain_Event

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...