6.23.2009

Finally Done....

Photobucket



Ok so the verdict has been set, for those of you who are just not paying attention to ANYTHING. Chris Brown pled guilty to assaulting Rihanna and he received six months of hard community labor, five years probation, ordered to attend a domestic-abuse program for a year, and ordered to stay away from Rihanna for the duration of his probation (Dag...well I heard they're still together so I guess they'll just be sneaking around still). No jail time for Christopher Maurice Brown. After all the speculation about what REALLY happened, all the court appearances, all the wondering about what would happen to him, IT'S OVER!

For those of you who think he got off easy, below is a link to what legal expert Peter T. Haven had to say about the situation.

link

The gist of it is that really Chris should've picked 180 days of jail time, according to Haven. Community labor will involved Chris waking up before dawn and not finishing until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. With jail time, Chris had the chance to possibly get out early and be done with it all. With community labor, he's going to have to take the responsibility to be there when he needs to be. He has no room for error. In jail, he would just do his time and be done with it. Then on top of the community labor, Chris has to go to a domestic-abuse class for two hours every week for 52 weeks. Haven goes more into detail about how Chris should've taken the jail time. Read the article if you want to know more.

To me, I don't know what I would've done. I mean, on one side, you may be working hard every day and having to go to a class for two hours a week for a year, but at least you get to sleep in your own bed at night, be with your family and friends, possibly do some work on a new album (HIS CAREER IS NOT OVER PEOPLE). On the other side, if he went to jail, he would've probably gotten out early for good behavior and been done with everything. I don't know.

What I do know is my take on the situation. Nobody will ever know what really happened because only Chris and Rihanna were in the car that day, and there's always two sides to every story. I'm gonna try to ask God when I get to heaven. Maybe He will let me in on it LOL. Also, I know that it's NEVER okay for a man to beat up on a woman. You just shouldn't do that. But what I do think is that he didn't just get in the car that day, and decide to hit her for nothing. From what has been said from his dancers and other people in his life, Chris was verbally abused by Rihanna on several occasions. Personally, there would be only so much of that that Brittany Shawnté would take before she got to swinging. Yall know yall would be the same way too. I'm not justifying his behavior, but I can understand why he possibly did what he did, if Rihanna was frequently yelling in his face. People may disagree, and, as always, if you disagree, leave me a comment somewhere explaining why.

ANYWAYS...I'm just glad it's over and done. Best wishes to both Chris and Rihanna.

PEACE.

~Brittany Shawnté

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...