6.25.2009

Speechless.... (RIP Michael Jackson)

Photobucket

I was coming home from work, and when I got home, I got the report from one of my best friends. Reportedly, Michael Jackson passed away at the age of 50 today at the UCLA Hospital Center. I'm seriously, seriously heartbroken. A part of me refuses to believe it. A part of me just wants CNN or MSNBC to report that this isn't true. It can't be true. He is a legend. He can't be replaced. There is just no way. There is just no way. I'm seriously on the verge of tears right now.

This man is an inspiration to SOOOO many people. He inspired people to start dancing. You know you still hit that moonwalk in your living room. He inspired people to want to be entertainers. He is a great humanitarian. This man is a musical genius. People can say whatever they want about him, but they can't deny that this man IS A LEGEND. He inspired me to go after my dreams with everything I have. I just...I'm so upset right now. I know that God makes no mistakes, but it's just hard to watch when people leave this world at a young age. I mean, 50 is not old at all. First Bernie and Isaac, now this. It's just too much. I don't even want to go to work tomorrow. My stomach is all in knots. My eyes are just glued to the news, in disbelief of all of this.

I couldn't help thinking of one of my greatest memories of Michael. It was his 30th Anniversary Celebration as a solo artist at Madison Square Garden in 2001. I remember all of these artists coming out and celebrating his career, and, when he came out, PEOPLE WENT CRAZY!!!! And I went crazy at home right along with them!!! I sang along with the songs, and danced around the house! I remember joking with my dad when Usher was on stage trying to dance with Michael toward the end of the show, and Usher almost made him mess up LOL And then I couldn't help laughing when Chris Tucker came out and did Michael's famous kick with the wrong leg as usual, and then Michael fell out on stage laughing. Ahh...it was great. Be sure to post your favorite Michael memories.

TO ALL OF THE HATERS, I'M WARNING YOU NOW, STAY AWAY, BECAUSE YOU WILL GET PUT ON BLAST HARD!!!!

I'm still watching the news. I just can't believe this. Gone too soon.
RIP Michael Joseph Jackson August 29, 1958-June 25, 2009. You will forever be missed. Nobody will ever, EVER replace you!!!!! Often imitated, but never duplicated.
Rest In Peace, Michael. You are forever loved.

PEACE.

~Brittany Shawnté

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...