7.30.2013

The Mrs. Carter Show Hits Washington D.C.!!!! (PICS & VIDEO)

"D.C. Say 'Heyyyyy Mrs. Carter....."

If you were at The Mrs. Carter Show last night, or any night for that matter, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter and her crew hit Washington D.C. last night, with another show going down at the Verizon Center again tonight. I've been a major stan of hers since I was a kid, but have never seen her live...until last night. I bought these tickets back in FEBRUARY, and was close enough on the side to get GREAT video! It still surprises me that I didn't end up in the nosebleeds somewhere (my fellow Beyhive members are INTENSE).

The show was INCREDIBLE. I don't care what anyone says, and I promise I'm not saying this just as a stan. Beyoncé is the greatest performer IN. THE. WORLD. Her performances that you see on YouTube or on TV don't do her total justice. You honestly won't get it until you see her LIVE. I had to share some of my experiences, photos, and video from the show for you all! Fair warning, the video contains major clips from the show (for those who still haven't seen the show and want it to be a surprise)!


The first shocker happened before the show even started when I was walking to the arena, and spotted a tall man in front of me with a huge fro, and a skateboard in hand!  I said to myself, "There's no way." But when I saw other people stopping and staring, I knew that it was one of the Les Twins. By myself, I caught up to him (I think it was Laurent), and asked for a picture, and he said, 'Yeah, but quickly love." Only I had JUST turned my phone off and couldn't find my camera!!! So embarrassing *facepalm*

I got in the doors, bought a program and posters for my sister and me, and took my seat The show had general admission on the floor, but I don't do that unless I'm one of the first ones here and KNOW that I'll be in the front. A girl has a job now outside of blogging, and can't take off of work or class to get to a concert like the good old college days anymore. Womp womp.


Luke James was the opening act, of course. I'll be honest and say that, while I know of and have heard some of his amazing vocals, I put him to the back burner a little bit. But BABY, that man is a SANGER. When you see him live, you appreciate his God-given talent just a little bit more. I'm definitely buying his debut album when it comes out, and getting those mixtapes!






















And what can I say about Mrs. Carter?!!!!!! I KNEW that show was going to be incredible, but when I actually saw her, it was surreal. I recorded a lot, as you probably knew I would, but many times I just had to stop and remind myself to enjoy this show. Here I am, in a stadium, with a woman who I have admired since I was probably 8 or 9, and she's singing her heart out, and giving her all for her fans. I had to enjoy the moment, especially when I don't know when it's going to happen again. I sang and screamed to the top of my lungs, and danced like I was the only one in the place. To me, I might as well have been, because no one else around me matter ha!

With songs including "Crazy In Love," "Naughty Girl,"and "Baby Boy," "Freakum Dress" and "Irreplaceable," "If I Were A Boy," "Diva," and "Single Ladies," and "Run The World" as the opener, as well as "I Care," and "End of Time," Bey hit all of her eras perfectly. Of course, my jam "Grown Woman" got me out of my seat acting crazy! It was just an incredible performance, and I'm so happy that I went. $280 for a seat in the first section diagonal from the stage was not bad at all!

Check out some of my clips from the show below!


LUKE JAMES 0:00-8:05
0:00-1:33-”Be Bad”
1:33-2:26-”Beautiful”
2:26-3:22-”Got To Give It Up” Covre
3:22-5:13-”I.O.U./Hurt Me”
5:13-8:05-”I Want You”

BEYONCÉ!!!!!!!
8:05-10:20-Opening
10:20-12:43-”Run The World”
12:43-14:10-”End of Time
14:10-16:02-”Flaws and All”
16:02-17:48-”If I Were A Boy”
17:48-20:00-”Get Me Bodied
20:00-21:49-”Diva”
21:49-22:57-”Naughty Girl”
22:57-24:15-”Party”
24:15-25:38-”Freakum Dress”
25:38-27:27-”I Care”
27:27-29:13-”I Miss You”
29:13-33:25-”1+1/Speechless”
33:25-35:51-”Irreplaceable”
35:51-36:49-”Survivor”
36:49-38:18-”Crazy In Love”
38:18-42:30-”Grown Woman”
42:31-47-24-”I Will Always Love You/Halo” (Finale)

1 comment:

  1. Brittany this was awesome. I felt like I was there!! She didn't dance as much as I expected but I mean who can dance a whole concert right! I know your arms had to be tired holding up your phone the entire time. The dancing twins rocked too!!

    ~Aunt Carissa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...