7.03.2013

Alec Baldwin Gives Up Twitter, Thinks about Quitting Acting

Alec Baldwin has officially given up Twitter…and acting might go out the window soon too! The veteran actor deleted his Twitter account after going off on a British journalist who claimed that his wife, Hilaria, was tweeting during The Sopranos’ actor James Gandolfini's funeral.

While he later apologized, he defended his decision to quit social media in an interview with Vanity Fair. "I went to Jimmy Gandolfini's funeral, and when I was there I realized Jimmy Gandolfini didn't have Twitter. Jimmy Gandolfini was so beloved as a person, and he was so admired as an actor, and he didn't give a f–– about social media," Alec explained. He continued, "I really learned a lesson at the funeral. I said to myself, This is all a waste of time. Meaning it's fun sometimes, but less and less, and less. It's just another chink in your armor for people to come and kill you. I stopped and said to myself, I'm going to try where I just don't do this anymore."


The actor has a baby on the way, as well as 17-year-old Ireland with ex Kim Basinger, which might be why he wants to have more privacy in his personal life. "I'm having a baby. And everyone has seen how certain things have played out with my daughter, which as been very painful – it's been really unpleasant. That has consequences, and I do not want that to happen with my next child. I have one dream in my life and that is that this daughter I'm having – she comes to me about seven or eight years from now, she has a friend, and she's at her house and she says, 'Daddy, Susie's mom says you used to be on TV. Daddy, is that true?' " he said. "She has no knowledge of me as a public person. That would be heaven for me."

When asked if this meant he was quitting acting to be out of the public eye, Alec replied, "That would be the greatest thing in the world." He would “love to” say goodbye to Hollywood, he added, “if I could find something else to do.”

I would hate if he did retire! I really like and respect him as an actor, but I understand where he’s coming from. The thing about being a celebrity is that you essentially have no privacy. Everyone’s eyes are on you, even when you think they’re not. It sucks, but it comes with the territory. We’ll see if he actually goes through with it.

Image via Robin Marchant/Getty

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...