7.15.2013

Remembering Cory Monteith

Saturday night was emotional. Not only did I find out that Trayvon Martin would not receive the justice he deserved in the acquittal of George Zimmerman (though I wasn't all that surprised), I also watched a Vancouver police press conference confirm that Glee's Cory Monteith had passed away. I couldn't even write a post about this when it first happened. I didn't want to read more into the details. Those who know me know that I am a very big Gleek. I've watched the show from the very beginning, bought DVDs and other merchandise, and even went by myself to the movies to see the Glee concert movie in 3D. I've watched, laughed, and talked about the show with friends since it came out. That's just how much I love and respect this show, and the positive message and humor that it brings. So to say that Cory's passing is an emotional shock is an understatement.

It may seem silly or weird to be emotionally touched by a celebrity's death, but I was the same with Michael Jackson and the same with Whitney Houston. You feel a connection through these celebrities' work, you know? So I'm really sad and disheartened. However I wanted to make a post just a few of my favorite moments with Cory and the cast on Glee, to celebrate his life and his work on this show. Check them out below.



Prayers go out Cory's family and friends, as well as the entire Glee cast and crew, and especially to Lea Michele, who Cory worked with and was engaged to. I know that she's beside herself right now. Thoughts and prayers to my fellow Gleeks as well. Rest in peace Cory. You will be greatly missed. 

Image via CNN

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...