5.25.2015

In The Spotlight: Mosliano



Our thoughts and prayers go out to the loved ones of the veterans and others gone on before us on this Memorial Day....gone but never forgotten!

Starting out the week with another spotlight! Today on The Spotlight, we have rapper Mosliano! Born and raised in the Bronx, he began writing lyrics in the fourth grade. Eventually, the artist moved to the Phillipines in 2007, where he lived until 2010, and began actually recording music there. "A friend of mine asked me if I wanted to record one day," Mosliano stated. "I took him on his offer, and ever since then it's been something that I've wanted to do." In January 2015, the rapper made the decision to leave college to pursue his craft full time.



Growing up, Mosliano listened to artists like the Diplomats, the Heatmakerz, Jay-Z, and Kanye West, who were all able to use old school samples creatively in their music, which is part of what you hear in Mosliano's sound as well. "It may not be in the same vein as how they did it back then," he said. "But it’s just something about the feeling you get when you hear certain samples flipped a certain way that does something to me." In addition to these artists, Mosliano is also inspired by Wale, Drake Static Major, and The-Dream, who have all had a heavy impact on his music and business ventures.

Currently, the artist is working on his project, Moments. Though he is still thinking about whether it will be an EP or mixtape, he doesn't want to get caught up in titles or anything. "I’m just working on a great body of work for people to enjoy," he admitted. "I’m also trying to do a 10-15 minute short film to go along with the project, so we’ll see how that plays out."


Mosliano feels like there are several things that separates him from other artists, from his work ethic to his songwriting to his catchy flow. "We live in  an era where instant gratification is at an all time high. Majority of the audience has a short attention span," the artist said of the current state of the industry. "They want whats new, what’s hot, what’s catchy. I feel that I have replay value. Not only am I blending melodies with raps, but I am also playing with different flows." The artist prides himself greatly on his songwriting and his flow. In terms of his future in the entertainment industry, Mosliano kept it simple. "I just want to take this as far as I can take it," the artist admitted. "I refuse to limit myself to just music. I want to create."

You can check out more of Mosliano's music on SoundCloud, and also follow him on Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat (@Mosliano)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...