10.04.2014

EVENTS: For Sisters Only 2014 (Washington, D.C.)

I had always heard about For Sisters Only (every major city seems to have their own), but never actually went to . However, this year, since the expo fell on my birthday weekend (I turned 24 on October 1!) and I was determined to do something fun, I decided to go with my sister and friends. And I am too glad I went!

Hosted by WPGC 95.5 and held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, For Sisters Only had a lot of great vendors selling jewelry, doing hair and makeup, and so much more, all for the ladies! Y'all know me, though! I was here primarily for the performances! I marched my sister and friends right to the front to the main stage, and basically parked it there the entire day. It was worth it, because I had a GREAT seat to all the action!

Throughout the day, the audience got to hear from various panelists for two subjects: She Means Business" and "Why I Stayed." The former discussed strong business principles for women, and the latter went into how to deal with toxic relationships (romantic, friendly, and family). Panelists included Lil Mo, Torrei Hart, Micheline Bowman, Debbi Morgan, Drea Kelly, Dr. Sherry, and more (You can check out great photos here and well as on my Instagram)! We saw the legendary Debbi Morgan perform an except from her latest one-woman show, Monkey Off My Back, and even had a sexy fitness dance showcase by Drea! All in all, a really great time! I'll be there again next year...hopefully it's close

Check out some hot performances from Diggy Simmons, Syleena Johnson, Raheem DeVaughn, Tamar Braxton, and T.I. below!

Image via WPGC-FM

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...