4.10.2014

Stephen Colbert Will Replace David Letterman on The Late Show

David Letterman announced his retirement just last week after 21 years, but a new host has already been found for The Late Show! CBS announced today that Stephen Colbert will take David's spot!

Stephen currently stars on his own comedic news program, The Colbert Report, which has garnered several Emmys throughout the years since its premiere in 2005. 

CBS announced the news in a press release, with President and CEO Leslie Moonves saying, "Stephen Colbert is one of the most inventive and respected forces on television. David Letterman’s legacy and accomplishments are an incredible source of pride for all of us here, and today’s announcement speaks to our commitment of upholding what he established for CBS in late night."

Stephen added, "Simply being a guest on David Letterman’s show has been a highlight of my career. I never dreamed that I would follow in his footsteps, though everyone in late night follows Dave’s lead." He joked, "I’m thrilled and grateful that CBS chose me. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go grind a gap in my front teeth."

There's no set date for when Stephen will take over the show, but David's final signoff will be sometime in 2015. I'm definitely excited for Stephen to become the next host. I think he's really funny and more than capable of handling this big role! Congrats to him!

Image via Jason Merritt / Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...