4.15.2013

Kevin Hart Tweets Apology After DUI Arrest

Comedian Kevin Hart took to Twitter to apologize after he was arrested and locked up for a night on suspicion of drunk driving charges in Los Angeles.

"Drinking & driving is not a game or a laughing matter," he tweeted. "People have lost lives because of stupid s--t. This is a wake-up call for me, I have to be smarter & last night I wasn't. Everything happens for a reason."

Police said that Kevin was pulled over on California's Highway 101 freeway around 4:30 a.m. Sunday. His black Mercedes, going about 90 m.p.h., almost hit a tanker truck as Kevin was driving. He then failed a field sobriety test, and was arrested on a misdemeanor DUI charge and held on $5,000 bond.

The comedian that he is, Kevin made light of his arrest in the tweet. "When the cop asked me to take the sobriety test I said 'Why waste our time… I'm drunk man'… #Truestory." He added about his time spent behind bars: "I did 6,000 push ups & 13,000 sit ups while I was in the pin....shout out to my celly 'Mark' we exchanged war stories LMFAO.”

While the tweet is a little funny, being arrested for DUI is definitely not! Hope Kev learned his lesson and never does something that stupid again. Drinking and driving is not only dangerous to your life, but to others as well. Just a short PSA from me!

Image via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty

1 comment:

  1. Apology is very much accepted rather than denying charges of DUI. Being a celebrity is not an easy thing, people especially your fans look after your good deeds not the bad ones. Contact the best DUI lawyer in your area to help find solution tour your DUI case.

    Joseph @ Newtown Drink Driving lawyers


    Sydney Drink Driving & DUI Lawyers | Beazley Singleton Solicitors
    14/370 Pitt St Sydney NSW 2000
    (02) 9283 8622
    http://sydneydrinkdriving.com.au/
    jaboorman@beazleysingleton.com.au

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...