11.08.2011

Heavy D Passes Away

Hip hop legend Heavy D passed away today, according to VIBE Magazine. I was in class just now when I saw "RIP Heavy D" on Twitter, and I literally froze. Then I swept it under the rug, because Twitter's always killing people. The news, unfortunately, is true.

Legend Grandmaster Flash tweeted the news, while a source confirmed to VIBE that Heavy D passed away in Los Angeles due to respiratory issues. More info will be added, as soon as I find out more.

I seriously can't believe this. Not that I was the biggest fan of him that ever existed, but I knew a good amount of his music (and rocked HARD with that Candy Rain Remix by Soul 4 Real he was featured on). It's crazy, because he was just on the BET Hip Hop Awards last month, jamming and rocking it out on stage. Life is short, man. RIP Heavy! Your presence will be greatly missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...