2.02.2010

Highlights from the Grammys



Ok, so I've been MIA from here for a minute. Now I reappear with clips from the 52nd Grammy Awards that were held Sunday night. Ok, now I didn't watch the full show because I was working on a huge school project, but through Twitter and Facebook (gotta love social networking lol), I read about some of the highlights of the night and watched the clips. So I'm gonna post what I thought was hot and what was definitely not. Check the vids after the jump.



BEYONCE THANKS JAY-Z IN ACCEPTANCE SPEECH FOR FEMALE POP VOCAL PERFORMANCE
Ok so this was huge, because B has never publicly mentioned Jay-Z as her husband, least of all in an acceptance speech. I mean, we all know that they're married, but for Beyoncé to publicly thank him is awesome. They are definitely a power couple!


MAXWELL PERFORMANCE OF "PRETTY WINGS"
Need I say more. It's Maxwell! He killed it!


TAYLOR SWIFT WINS ALBUM OF THE YEAR?!!! WTH?!!!!!
Yooooo when I read this on a friend's Twitter, I honestly screamed "What the hell?!" Album of the Year?! I give the girl country, because she is a popular country artist. But Album of the Year?! No. I mean, seriously, I know Beyoncé won 6 awards last night (breaking the female record for most Grammys won btw), but my goodness, you know she deserved it. Or Lady Gaga. Not a big fan, but I'm sure her album was better than Taylor's. I'm sorry to all you Taylor Swift fans, but I honestly believe that the only reason Taylor got that award was because of the Kanye incident at the VMAs. And it's a shame. Later on Taylor dropped a Grammy though, and it shattered into a million pieces. If it was this one, good. LMAO! Sorry Taylor, but that award was just not for you. Still shaking my head at this nonsense....


LASTLY...
MICHAEL JACKSON TRIBUTE FEATURING LIONEL RICHIE, CELINE DION, USHER, CARRIE UNDERWOOD, JENNIFER HUDSON, SMOKEY ROBINSON, AND MJ'S CHILDREN, PRINCE MICHAEL AND PARIS JACKSON
It was an amazing sight to see. All of these artists coming together to sing "Earth Song." Michael loved the environment, and it showed through this song. And it was a
3D performance! People in the audience could watch the corresponding short movie that was going to be shown at his tour in London. It was good to see MJ's kids at the end accepting a Lifetime Achievement award for their father (which I felt came a little too late personally but I digress) I thought they seemed a little out of place there, and definitely nervous, but it was still nice to see them.


So there are my favorite moments from a show that I didn't watch in full LOL. But hey, this is all I needed.

PEACE.

~Brittany Shawnté

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...