1.27.2010

ABC Cancels Ugly Betty




I'm sad and speechless. My friend even did a gasp when I told him. ABC has decided to cancel Ugly Betty, Access Hollywood reported . One of my favorite shows ever, and it's been canceled. For those of you who don't know, Ugly Betty surrounds the life of Betty Suarez, an assistant turned editor at the fictitious Mode Magazine, her family, and the ups and downs that come with working at a high fashion magazine.

Based on a Colombian series, Ugly Betty won three Emmys, including a best actress in a comedy series award for star America Ferrera and two Golden Globes for best comedy series and best actress in a comedy, all in 2007. That year, Ferrara also won a Screen Actors Guild award — making her the first to win a SAG, Globe and Emmy in a single season. The series finale will air sometime this spring.

I'm very disappointed. This show is in its fourth season, and honestly, this season is the best season of the series and now it's over. Another show gone. And Betty was just starting to come into her own too! With her relationship, job, and even her clothes! LOL Well, all I can say, is that I'm glad that this show was around for as long as it was. America Ferrera is an amazing actress, as well as the rest of the cast. Although this is the end of Ugly Betty, this is not the end for all of them. I wish them well.

PEACE.

~Brittany Shawnté

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...