8.25.2009

Remembering Aaliyah (1979-2001)



"Aaliyah inspired me not only to continue being an artist but to be an individual-- no matter who you are or what you do, be your own person, love who you are, and be proud of that."
-Alicia Keys

"Every day was a special event, whether it was going to a store or going to a movie or just sitting in a house. Wherever we were was like our own little party, in our own little world."
-Damon Dash

"To the world and to the fans Aaliyah was known as Aaliyah, but to us, her extended family, was known as babygirl. And I think that what we got to learn out of this is to appreciate each other while we're here on Earth, and to never take for granted that someone will be here tomorrow."
-Missy Elliott

Today is the eighth anniversary of R&B singer Aaliyah's passing. 8 years ago today, Aaliyah was killed in a plane crash shortly after taking off along with other members of her crew after the shooting of her last video "Rock The Boat" in the Bahamas.

Aaliyah was a beautiful singer and a beautiful person. She is my favorite singer. I know I didn't know her, but I felt like I did. Her music touched me and inspired me to keep singing. She had great style, amazing dancing skills, and wasn't a diva like half of these singers out here today. More importantly, she was a good person who was loved by family and friends alike.

The story of Aaliyah's life will be shown in a movie sometime next year. Canadian singer Keshia Chante is set to play her.

It's very sad that she is gone, and sometimes, looking around at some of the R&B singers, I feel like she was gone too soon. But God wanted another angel and He definitely got one in Aaliyah.

Rest in peace Aaliyah Dana Haughton. You are loved and you are missed. Here are some of my favorite videos of the late great Aaliyah...ENJOY! Rest in peace Babygirl!


One In A Million


Try Again


Rock The Boat


PEACE.

~Brittany Shawnté

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...