8.07.2009

80's Movies' Director John Hughes Passes...



Happy Friday readers! It's a great Friday! Today is my last day of my summer job. Bittersweet moment, but I'm happy to get back to sleeping in! LOL back to the news...

Ok, I'm a day late on reporting this but I was extremely busy at work yesterday. Apologies...

Filmmaker John Hughes, known for directing 80's movies like Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club, as well as the Home Alone films, died suddenly of a heart attack in New York on Thursday. He was 59.

Hughes collapsed while walking through Manhattan, where he was visiting family.

"I am truly shocked and saddened by the news about my old friend John Hughes," Matthew Broderick, who worked with Hughes on Ferris Bueller's Day Off said in a statement following the director's death. "He was a wonderful, very talented guy and my heart goes out to his family."

“I was stunned and incredibly sad to hear about the death of John Hughes. He was and will always be such an important part of my life. He will be missed – by me and by everyone that he has touched. My heart and all my thoughts are with his family now," said Molly Ringwald, star of Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club

Hughes is survived by his wife of 39 years, Nancy, two sons, John and James, and four grandchildren.

How sad...Rest in peace John. My prayers and thoughts are with your family and friends.

PEACE.

~Brittany Shawnté

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...