1.27.2016

Tyra Banks Welcomes Son with Boyfriend Erik Asla


Wait, WHAT?! Tyra Banks is a mom, y'all!

The legendary model and businesswoman announced that she and her boyfriend, Swedish photographer Erik Asla, welcomed a baby boy via surrogate on Wednesday, January 27! She confirmed the news and the baby's name to PEOPLE.

“We are so excited for our new baby boy bundle of joy. The journey to now has not been an easy process, as I’ve shared before. But there was a beautiful bright light at the end of the tunnel for me and his father, Erik,” she said. “As I gaze into the beautiful eyes of my son, I think about all the people who struggle with fertility or carrying a child and continue to pray for them everyday. My hopes and dreams are filled with well wishes that they get to feel what my little treasure, York Banks Asla, feels like in my arms.”

The new mom announced York's birth on Instagram, sharing a pic of a little newborn hat!
“The best present we worked and prayed so hard for is finally here,” Tyra captioned. “He’s got my fingers and big eyes and his daddy Erik’s mouth and chin. As we thank the angel of a woman that carried our miracle baby boy for us, we pray for everyone who struggles to reach this joyous milestone. York Banks Asla, welcome to the world.”




A photo posted by Tyra Banks (@tyrabanks) on

Tyra admitted her struggles with conceiving, revealing that she had even undergone IVF procedures to try to have a baby. “When I turned 40, the one thing I was not happy about is that I did not have kids,” she told PEOPLE. “When you’re like, ‘OK, I’m just going to do it,’ then it’s not so easy as you get older.”

Talk about keeping them all on the need to know! This is a surprise! However, I'm very glad that Tyra has fulfilled her dream of being a mom, and wish her, Erik, and baby York much love and happiness!

Images via Jon Kopaloff, FilmMagic / Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...