11.15.2013

In The Spotlight: Matthew Mole

Antoher spotlight for you all today! As always, anyone interested in being featured on The Spotlight, please feel free to email me your work (you can also visit BrittanyShawnte.com for other ways to connect)!

Today, we have South African singer-songwriter Matthew Mole! Matthew grew up in Cape Town, South Africa, and even studied music production in 2010. “I started writing songs and playing shows when I finished school, just for fun really.” The singer said. He moved up to Johannesburg to pursue his music after signing with label Just Music in 2013.

Check out more about Matthew below!

The singer released his alternative folk/electronic album, The Home We Built, on July 29, 2013, an album that his own family inspired. “My family is the main influence behind the whole album,” Matthew explained. “My family has brought me up in a certain way that I tried to bring across in a lot of the songs.” He also credits the South African music scene, calling it like a “big family.” “Everyone is so welcoming to new artists or new ideas,” Matthew said. The album made South African chart history, with Matthew becoming the first domestic artist to enter the top of the iTunes SA chart, outselling the entire Top 10 including JAY Z, Robin Thicke, Imagine Dragons and The Rolling Stones combined!




Matthew is a true artist, who gives listeners a piece of himself with every song that he creates. “I just try to write stuff from my heart,” he acknowledged. “That’s the whole point behind music.” In the future, he hopes to continue to grow as an artist. “I’m hoping to have made a cool name for myself in South Africa, and I hope to continue touring in South Africa,” Matthew said of where he sees himself in the years to come. “I also hope to travel internationally as much as I can over the next few years.”

Check out more of Matthew's music on Soundcloud and connect with him on Facebook and Twitter! http://soundcloud.com/matthew-mole

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...