9.10.2009

Ellen DeGeneres Becomes New Idol Judge



Well, by now I'm sure you all have heard about Ellen DeGeneres, known for her self-titled hit talk show, is going to take Paula Abdul's place on American Idol. My first reaction was WHAT IN THE WORLD DOES ELLEN KNOW ABOUT SINGING?! I mean, I give it to her. Ellen is a beast in the media industry. Her show is awesome! My roommate last year had me watching it religiously. But come on, American Idol though? American Idol, Ellen? Yall know yall were thinking it too LOL

But then, I hear her side of the story. Here's what she had to say on her show:
"Hopefully, I'm the people's point of view because I'm just like you. I sit at home and I watch it, and I don't have that technical ... I'm not looking at it in a critical way from the producer's mind. I'm looking at it as a person who is going to buy the music and is going to relate to that person."

That may just be a good thing. I mean, a lot of times, producers get so caught up in all the technicality of singing, which is good and all, don't get me wrong. But sometimes all that isn't really necessary. Music is about how you relate to a person's songs, how it touches you, motivates you, makes you feel good, you know? Not saying that you can go up on stage, and just sing any old note LOL, but it's just so much technicality in it. Maybe Ellen will bring a new outlook on the competitors, since she's really on the outside looking in.

PEACE.

~Brittany Shawnté

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...