9.09.2015

MUSIC VIDEO: "Lady Sings The Blues"-Florieme

London-based singer/songwriter Florieme has released her video for her song, "Lady Sings The Blues!"

This music video is different than many would expect, with a touching story behind it. "I have suffered from alopecia (hair loss) for the past 2 years," the singer admitted. "After reaching the end of my tether with it, [I] decided to not only shave my hair off, but be filmed doing so for my first music video." In the video, Florieme emotionally sings as she shaves her entire head, bravely sharing that vulnerable moment with viewers. "My hope is that the video will no only raise awareness of the autoimmune disease but inspire men and women with body image issues," she added.

Check out the emotional video below!




This couldn't have been easy for her, but I commend Florieme on showing that she is not defined by her hair. The song is a beautiful listen as well!

You can read more of Florieme's story here, as well as listen to more of her music on Bandcamp, SoundCloud, and YouTube. You can also connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...