1.03.2011

In The Spotlight: Kimmi-K


Morning everyone! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! It's 2011, and this year I'm GOING AFTER GREATER (my church's theme for the year)! So I'm determined to do better this year, with school, my journalism experience and more! And ESPECIALLY with this blog! With the growth and attention the blog is getting day by day, I have to stay on top of my game on the real! Thank yall for sticking with me...

I have a spotlight to start off 2011! I present to you KIMMI-K, a plus size model doing her thing in the modeling world! Originally from St. Louis and now living in Nashville, Kimmi started modeling about 6 years ago. After facing rejection during a casting call on a fashion show, Kimmi became more determined to pursue modeling. After contacting a photographer and making a Model Mayhem profile, she booked a photoshoot with Chris Hollis. "Once I shot with him I knew this was something I wanted to do," Kimmi said. "I kept going to casting calls, networking with other models, designers and photographers. I hired me a modeling coach, and that is mainly how I got started."

Read more about Kimmi after the jump!


Kimmi has done fashion shows for big time stores like DEB, Ashley Stewart, Fashion Bug, and Catherine's, and has also modeled for lines such as DMichelle Designs, Kountry Boy Kouture, House of BreJil, and God's Princess. "I would love to walk for Monif C. I just love her and her style," she included. Kimmi is inspired by models like Tocarra Jones (LOVE her!), Mia Amber, Mia Tyler, as well as Asia Monet.

This 28-year-old model has big goals for herself in this industry. "I see myself with a house hold name walking for major designers, spokes person for major company’s, featured in many of magazines," Kimmi said. She also wants to open a plus size boutique (ooooh PLEASE DO! lol Plus size stores are few and far between), as well as hosting events and planning parties. She also wants to be "happy and married."

When asked what she loved so much about modeling, Kimmi replied, "I love photo shoots where you can [portray] someone else. I also love runway shows. Nothing gives me a high like the runway or the clicking of a camera." As I said before, Kimmi-K is determined to get to the top! Her doubters keep her motivated, as well as support from her family. "I also get motivation from women who tell me I inspire them to follow their dreams," Kimmi said. "There is so much that keeps me working hard, and determined to get to the top."

And she will get there! I can tell from the pics she sent me that she has definite beauty and talent! As a Thick Madame chick myself (Phat Girlz reference ha), it's definitely refreshing to see beautiful thick queens doing their thing! Good luck to you Kimmi! Yall can check out more of Kimmi K in her pics below. For more info, you can email her at kimmik.smith@gmail.com  or follow her on Twitter! and check out other URLs including online portfolios at It's My Urls!













PEACE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...